Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Realization Tonight

The fiance and I went to the gym tonight. It was 8:15 when we got out of there, hadn't had any supper to speak of so we went through Zaxby's drive-thru. I thought it was kind of hilarious. Anyway, we both got a grilled chicken caesar salad. When we got home, I immediately looked up all of the nutrition to figure out the points for the salad. I took out all of the croutons and used Free Honey Mustard from home. Ended up being 8 points for just the salad plus 1.5 points for the dressing. I was ok with that since it included both cheese and bacon!!

Realization: They gave us 2 packets each of caesar dressing for one salad. Before I would have used both on my salad. One packet is worth 6 points and has 21 grams of fat!! Can you believe that?! I would have consumed both packets, had 42 grams of fat within one setting, and would have thought I ate a pretty healthy meal.

Thank you WW for making me realize the different :-)

_____________________________________

Starting Weight: 234 10/2/08
Height: 5'8"
Age: 22

Goals:

[] 228 by Halloween
[] 222 by Thanksgiving
[] 216 by Christmas
[] 211 by Jan 22nd 10% goal by 16th week
[] 160 Ultimate Goal

1 comment:

Katies26 said...

AMAZING, isn't it? I LOVE Ranch dressing (and don't care much for the reduced-fat variety, if you catch my drift). Sometimes if I want to have it, I just dip my fork in the dressing before loading the salad onto the fork. Works amazing - you still get that taste but hardly use any dressing!